Prescription drugs and related medications are an essential part of healthcare for many of us. In fact, it’s estimated that about 60% of the U.S. population takes one or more medications. And among those who do, data suggests that 25% take four or more.
While commercially available medication treats many conditions for millions of people, it’s a one-size-fits-all approach. In contrast, when you get your medication compounded, it’s made from scratch, specifically for you, without additives, fillers, preservatives found in many other medications, and in a specific dose that works best for you; not too much and not too little. With compounding, your medications can be customized even further into a dosage form of your liking, like a liquid or a cream.
At Nora Apothecary, our pharmacists can compound a generic drug or can combine different drugs for a patient’s specific custom medication needs. We can remove an allergic ingredient or convert the drug into a custom topical form. With custom compounded medication, we stay more aware of your response to a drug. From there, a custom medication is then created that’s safer and more effective for you. And if it’s easier to take, it’s more likely to be taken at the recommended frequency, which improves health outcomes.
Here are some of the people who can benefit from custom medication:
- Patients with allergies
- Children or adults who are averse to certain tastes
- Patients who can’t swallow pills
- Patients who need a medication that is on backorder at the chain pharmacies
- Patients who need a drug that is in short supply
- Patients who need a different strength for a medication than what is traditionally offered
- Men and women who want custom and/or combined versions of hormone replacement therapy
- Patients on hospice or palliative care who have issues that need to be addressed with a different form of medication
- Patients with a feeding tube that need pills changed to liquid
- Patients with pets who want an easier or tastier form of the pet’s medication
- Patients who desire custom acne or skin condition medication
- Patients with unique conditions, such as those who need eye medications
- Patients who need dental compounding for a wide range of issues
As you can see, a compounding pharmacy offers many options. Let Nora Apothecary create a custom medication that helps optimize your health.